My husband came home last night from his philosophy class, with an interesting question that I contemplated for a couple days... "If everyone knew what 'good' is, would anyone NOT work as hard as they could to obtain it?" Let’s think about it: everyone in America knows that it is bad to eat fast food and be sedentary. We have all heard about people who have changed their lives with diet and exercise, and therefore see the "good" in their life, and know it to be truthful; but still most of us aren’t willing to change. So what is "knowing good"? I believe each and every one of us has to experience it in our own lives. We must taste it, smell it, touch it, and in turn be touched by it in such a way that we never again want to stray.
For instance, this year begins with the 15th+ diet I have started in my lifetime. Why have I started and stopped so many times? I never tasted that bit of victory that made it worth never going back to my old lifestyle and eating habits. This however is different. I have now lost 9 pounds in 11 days. I have tasted the “good”! Although I HATE counting calories, fat, carbs, and fiber; making my body sweat and still striving to fight harder, and not having the time to sit and do nothing all day. BUT I have felt the joy of “relaxed fit” jeans being relaxed, of being able to take the stairs without groaning, and feeling the lack of exhaustion by the afternoons.
Today, January 16th, only 2 weeks and 3 days into the New Year, God has given me a sense of hope, immeasurable courage, and the strength to reach the goal called "good". To quit now would be foolish and irrational.
Luke 9:62 Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
Stand strong! See the good. Taste it. Feel it. Run toward it and strive for it with all you are worth, not straying from the path you have been chosen to travel.
2009 can rock, if we let God work his plan thru us!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The perfect way to put it into words-- well done!
ReplyDeletethanks :-)
ReplyDelete